Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday Blessing

It’s unseasonably warm in Denver. Instead of normal temperatures of high 70s, we are wrestling with almost 100 degrees. Warm temperatures don’t stop the soccer season, however.

And for me, despite the weather, I was blessed. It isn’t every day that I am able to spend much of the day with two-thirds of my grandchildren! Even if at any given time, one of them was on a soccer field.

Three of them (siblings, ages 5, 7, and 8) had a game today at two different fields. Their older sister, age 10, helped me as I watched our other son’s two girls, ages 3 and 5. The temperature hovered around 95. It was hot. The kids tried to stay cool in a pop-up tent. I tried desperately to find someone with an umbrella to provide me with a bit of shade.

The kids are grand friends as well as cousins. It is fun and such a blessing for me to watch them all play together. In this day and age, where families are generally so far apart, it is a joy to have six of my grandchildren within a 15 minute drive of my house (and four of those six are merely a 5 minute walk away). We miss the others who live far away, but never forget them.

By the way, two out of three games ended in a victory for the good guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment