Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kids' Whimsical Cooking: Banana Bread

Hi this is Addie and I wanted to tell you about my latest recipe… BANANA BREAD. Banana bread is a great snack especially during this time of year. Banana bread is a fun snack to make and I always enjoy taste testing to make sure my work is not poison. Banana bread is not expensive to make and tastes delicious.

I enjoy giving people my work of art as gifts. This time a few slices will be going to my teacher and maybe I will get a good grade out of it.

Hope you like my recipe.


Easy Banana Bread


Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
3-4 overripe bananas
½ - 1 c. chococlate chips

Process
Smash bananas in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a loaf pan that has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 for 40 min. to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

From artsyfartsymama.com, via Pinterest

Nana’s note: This recipe cries out to be made by kids, but is also a simple way for adults to use bananas without having to go to the trouble of making a scratch recipe. The recipe calls for 1/2 - 1 c. of chocolate chips. I suggested a half a cup, and Addie looked at me like I had grown a second head. Her quote: "If it were up to me, I would put in a cup-and-a-half." Personally, I would put in a half a cup so that the banana flavor isn't overwhelmed, but it's up to your individual tastes. The recipe is so easy, with only the four ingredients. It makes a great dessert for the kids’ lunchbags.

1 comment:

  1. I just love Addie's Kids Whimsical Cooking. Sometimes I just want to cook like a kid.

    ReplyDelete