Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lazy Snow Daze

Man, oh man. If the word lazy could be personified, it would look a lot like me yesterday. But I have a good excuse. The high was only 10 degrees, and it snowed all day.

Actually, I had one duty that required that I at least got dressed. I gave two of my grandchildren a ride to school – a mere five block trek. Still, it required clothes and the car to be cleaned off. And thank goodness it was only five blocks, because the roads were slippery and the temperature was cold, cold, cold.

So I came home, postponed a planned lunch, encouraged Bill to change a doctor appointment to a more habitable day, and settled in for a day of Christmas movies.

I watched The Last Holiday, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, and, just for kicks, threw in How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the animated version, not the movie). Somewhere in there I made us some lunch and ordered some more Christmas presents using my Ipad.

Our high of 10 was reached at noon, and it went downhill from there. The low reached below zero last night, but we are snug and warm in our cozy house. I put a couple of potatoes in the oven to bake last night. We enjoyed the potatoes with roasted chicken tenders with lemon and thyme.

TodayI may venture out. I’m running out of Christmas movies. Of course, I haven’t yet watched my favorite, A Christmas Story…….

Lemon Thyme Chicken

Ingredients
4 small chicken breasts
2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
Juice of one lemon
2 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 t. dried thyme
Salt and pepper

Process
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in 2 T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until golden, turning once, about 12-15 min. total. Add butter, lemon juice, and thyme to skillet; cover, and cook 3 minutes longer.

Nana’s Notes: I couldn’t find Redbird chicken breasts yesterday at the grocery store, so I bought chicken tenders instead. They worked fine. I served it with Swiss chard. I couldn’t hide the chard like I hid the carrots and spinach yesterday, so Bill said no thank you. I love any kind of greens, so I ate his share.

No comments:

Post a Comment